Hematology Oncology Life Center, L.L.C. (HOLC) posts its member rights and responsibilities, as shown below. Questions may be directed to our Practice Manager at (318) 442-2232.
- You have the Right:
- to receive information in a way that works for you (in languages other than English, in large print, or other alternate formats, etc.).
- to be treated with fairness, respect, and recognition of the dignity and the right to privacy at all times.
- to participate with practitioners in making decisions about your health care. We must support your right to make decisions about your care.
- to a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for your conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- to receive timely access to your covered services.
- to receive information about the Health Plan, its network of providers, rights and responsibilities and your covered services.
- to voice complaints about the Health Plan or the care it provides.
- You are expected:
- to become familiar with your covered services and the rules you must follow to get these covered services.
- to tell us if you have any other health insurance coverage in addition to your primary Health Plan.
- to supply information (to the extent possible) to your provider in order to provide care.
- to ask questions, follow plans and instructions for care that you have agreed to with your provider.
- To understand your health problems and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals, to the degree possible.
- to be considerate to our staff and other patients
- to pay what you owe.
- to tell us if you moved, changed phone number(s), change of insurance coverage, are in a Nursing or Assisted Living facility, are on Home Health or a Skilled Nursing facility.
- cancel or reschedule appointments within 24 hours prior to appointment day